Friday, March 06, 2009

Not sure I can do this

Emilee Ellis







I lost my dear friend Emilee Ellis on March 4th at 8 am to mastatic breast cancer. She was 37. She was my next door neighbor, and I first met her when we moved here to Cedar Hills in June 2008. She was a tender, sweet woman.  Even being as sick as she was, she reached out to the "new" girl and made me feel welcome. She leaves behind 3 beautiful boys and a loving husband. You can read all about her and her obituary at http://emilee-ellis.blogspot.com



I re- tore my Achilles last week. If I go by what my Doctor says, I am fine. If I go by pain, and a huge swollen foot that hurts so badly, I cry everyday...... yesterday all day.
My doctor refused to give me the radiologist report from an MRI I had done this week. I felt impressed to go and get a copy. Let's just say my doctor is an idiot. I have a lot of stuff going on in this darn foot of mine. I can't even put weight on it. I have paratendinitis, paratendinitis, an ankle joint effusion and a high grade partial recurrent tear to the achilles. The scar tissue is insane....I just keep thinking that things can only get better. I keep getting worse, and the depression from all this is getting deeper and deeper. Weight loss is like..low down on my list. I am just trying to get through my day without wanting to crawl into the fetal position from all the pain.

I have a picture collage of skinny/fat Christi on the back of my bathroom door with great thoughts and quotes to keep me going.  I don't know if I can do this.


~Christi


7 comments:

Melissa Davis said...

Oh Christi, I'm so sorry to hear about Emilee! Even when you know it's coming, it doesn't make it easier. Her poor kids and husband! Just breaks my heart!

I am sorry about your foot...gosh, what a just horrible and stupid thing to have to deal with! and your doctor!! Really...fire him! It will get better! Although, I'm sure it doesn't seem like that right.

please, please, please let us know what we can do to help!!!

Karilynn said...

Wow Christi... so sorry for your loss. It's always heartbreaking to me when a mother dies of cancer... kind of one of those personal things. My greatest fear really. Add your ankle to the mess and your plate is overflowing. You really should call a different doc. I can't imagine trying to diet with everything around you falling apart. You can do this... maybe not today or tomorrow... but you will be skinny Christi again! :o)

Patty said...

Christi,
That is so sad about your friend. It is terrible about your ankle. You need to find a new Dr.

Minderella said...

Christi- I am so sorry to hear about that and that your ankle is not getting much better. You poor thing. I am with Melissa, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I know you can make it through and once you are healthy again it will feel great to put more focus on exercise, but right now you just have to get better.

~all my love~ Mindy

Carrie said...

These things we go through day to day are but little pieces of a whole puzzle, the pieces will be different shapes and different sizes but they will fit together to make a beautiful whole picture that will eventually make sense! I know it sounds corny, but you are a very strong woman, when you moved away and had to learn to count on yourself and your small little family it built you strong. You are not aware of your limits, Heavenly Father is. Just think, He loves you so much that he had your tendon tear so that you wouldn't leave the church when you had planned and that one tired driver that night didn't come too fast around that corner and hit you, and you would have been in the hospital with multiple injuries or worse. There is a plan in all things. I love you, and this could be a way for you to learn to lean on others and realize that you are a part of a whole, not just by yourself in this!

Brekke - Felt Photography said...

You are stronger than you know. And we only truely know how tough our metal is when we are put through the fire don't we?

Give yourself time to grieve the loss of your dear friend. Take it easy with all of your injuries. Have faith and remember we are here to support you.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://utezociva.freewebsitehosting.com/ofegogu.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money