Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Off to work I go

I started a part time job this week. I am working at Target in soft lines( Clothing, shoes accessories, ETC) Some extra money for the holidays, and our trip to Arizona this Christmas. Plus, if you you can believe it, it's a break for me. Something different, away from kids for a couple hours. I miss Nathan though. I enjoy the work. I was going to work the night shift ( 10-3 or 4) but decided against it. Even with my insomnia, I was afraid I would wear myself thin. So 6-11 is not too shabby. Only 20 hours a week.
Kiera saved up enough money to buy a replacement hamster for Delilah. She decided on a male on this time, and got as handsome chocolate and cream colored one and named him Covington. I am sad to report that his strong name was not enough to sustain him, and he passed sometime Saturday. Kiera was beside herself. I honestly could not console her. I told her that perhaps hamsters were not the best pet, and maybe we could convince Daddy to get a puppy. Her sad eyes have about won him over, and we may get a dog soon. Hopefully one that will snuggle with a 9 year old animal lover and be content in her arms for a few years.
We have all been so sick the last week. Some nasty , fever bug. Nathan is taking the older girls to the Dr. Here in a few. Kiera has a weird rash today, and her fever won't go below 102( 4 days now) Just when they seem to be getting better, they both crash again.

I will write more later.
ChristinaMaria

0 comments: