Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Strep Throat

Yeppers, it's strep. Aubrie's Temp was 103 when they got to the Dr's. We will take the little girls in tomorrow to get them swabbed. Perhaps Caleb to be on the safe side. Hopefully their meds start to work fast. I was a little peeved at Nate though. I called his cell and told him to get the antibiotic shot. They get home and he says " They wouldn't get the shot." I said "What do you mean they wouldn't get the shot?" Long argument later, the girls balked at the idea of the shot, and Nathan thought he could save a few bucks going the route of 10 l o n g days of oral meds. * Sigh* ..... 1 shot in the hiney versus 2 doses a day for 10 days ( that is 40 doses among them in case you have to count on your fingers like me..) Grrrrr. I argued that the choice was not theirs to make, that it was non- negotiatible. I lost an already lost battle. Sometimes choices we make for our kids are not the most popular , and they may not be so thrilled with those decisions. But, in their best interest, some decisions are based on a logical and safer alternatives. Yeah..They will hate me when they get older, eh?
So, here I am with a sore throat, wondering if I need to get checked as well. I missed several weeks, if not months in 5th and 6th grades to strep( and thus becoming immune to several antibiotics) This is only the 3rd time Kiera has ever needed antibiotics. I am not one of those mothers that takes her child into the DR if the sneeze, or cough, and demands antibiotics. I do my research, and only need the John Hancock on a stupid piece of paper for the medication. I already knew the rash Kiera had was a strep rash. Maybe I should become a medicine woman and find the natural cure in Africa with Sean Connery. Hmmm...There's a thought!
Okay, I had better try and get some sleep. The girls will be missing one more day of school, and it will be like pulling teeth when I get their make-up homework tomorrow. I don't even want to think about how much work they will have.

~G'night all. Sweet dreams.
ChristinaMaria

P.S. I think I am psychic. Seriously.:) I dreamed Sunday night that I was sitting at the kitchen table and there was an earthquake. I told the kids to get under the table. I didn't find out until Monday, late morning that one had hit Hawaii. My friend Kari expressed worry, and wondered if we should go over to the islands and see if our assistance would be needed on the beaches....

0 comments: