Friday, September 19, 2008

Waxing of the brows

Since I am new to my area, I have run into a small predicament. It's time to get the brows waxed, and I don't know where to go. I know, this is a little personal. But, I must confess, I didn't even pluck, or wax them until I was 31. My sister Heather had always told me, no, begged me to get it done. For one thing, it wasn't THAT bad..I didn't have a uni brow or anything. They were a little bushy, but I argued the fact that they were really light colored, and wouldn't it hurt to have hot wax poured over them? She suggested plucking. Why not?.I bought some plucker thingies, and thought "No problem..." Proceed to brow. Grab hold of brow hair..PULL...HOLY CRAP! I was on fire.......after one hair! My eyes were stinging, and ears ringing. ( I am a baby!) And that concluded my eyebrow plucking experiment.
So, after that, hot wax didn't sound so bad. I tried it, looked better afterwards, and now I try and get it done at least 2 times a year ( I know it should be every 6 weeks, but again, I am a BABY, and claim my hair growth is really slow.!)
So, my quest is to find a place.Today. And become a new woman with a Popsicle stick and hot, melty wax!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

owwww!, Well If i can convince you to go with me to have our toes done then I will go with you to get brows done!! Oh wait I have blonde eyebrows, I'm not sure they could even see them to wax them!! Well, I still need someone to go with for toenail appts.!!