Monday, August 07, 2006


GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
So, last night I spend an hour + creating another edition to my blog, and the computer ate it. Talk about irritating! So, those that requested more deep thoughts will have to settle for second deep down thoughts, as I don't remember much of my ramblings from last night.
So, this blog lies! It said I could recover my post, but obviously they were pulling my chain. I am guessing this blogger doesn't get feed too often, for it's appetite wiped my slate clean!
I will digress now. For those that did request another deep thought addition to this site, keep on reading. For those that are reading this out of pity for me, I am giving you permission to look away now. That's right. You don't have to read the rest. I am giving you a free pass. Now, now..You won't hurt my feelings. That is unless you actually tell me personally you didn't read it because I am a dork.Then I might feel a little let down. But I will get over it. I am good that way!
As you may not know, sometimes it takes deep thoughts a little longer to come to the surface as opposed to more shallow thoughts. We all have the shallow thoughts that billow around us. For example. Q:" Mom, what is for breakfast?" Now this type of question is an easy one, one that requires not much thinking ability. A: "Cereal."
Example of a thought provoking question moments later, almost same breath, while eating said cereal. Q: " Mom, Where are babies made before they are in your belly?" Now. Um. See. This requires a little more deeper, straight forward yet informational answer. The wheels are spinning in your head. Graphics swirl in your brain, that book you read on this paticular question has already been returned to the library.A: " You see, Mommy and Daddy....( Cough) Love...( Clear throat) Cabbage. You see, there is a cabbage patch......."
So there ya go. Two very good examples of what kind of thinking life entails.
On to greener pastures. Kiera, my 9 year old took a picture of me yesterday off guard. I look like I am a child of the 60's. I haven't slept in 2 days. I think it's the combination of
not sleeping/worried about surgery/trying to think deep thoughts syndrome. 97% of all people that have this syndrome don't even now they have it. Even worse, 56% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Sad.
Back to the picture she took.( Which, in case you didn't get is the one above) I am rarely in pictures because I am always taking them. That, and I don't like to look at pictures of myself. So, looking and critiquing this picture was interesting. I realize that my sister Holly is right. I have old lady hair, and bad clothing choices. (Please no offense to the old ladies, I mean ladies of maturity, I'll shut up now.) When I was in UT, she made me look cool, hip even. Now I am back to really not caring. So, this is what you get. Uncool, unhip Christi. Holly even pointed out I wore old lady shoes and proceeded to throw mine away. ( It was a fight I tell ya, I told her they were sensible, comfortable shoes. She told me DI would not accept them, and I needed professional shoe counseling.) So what's an almost 32 year old to do when she looks 45?
* Sigh* My sister said that I needed to dress up every day and I would feel better about myself. But you see, that requires again, thinking. Christi talking to self. " Self, what should we wear today?" Self replying." How about jeans and a v-necked shirt?" Self scratching face thoughtfully. "Hmm, Jeans. Dark Denim, Light or acid washed?" Self: " The cleanest ones." Self: " Good Plan."
There ya have it. Fashion police will probably be knocking on my door any day courtesy of Holly. But I will be ready. I do have EVERY color of the rainbow in t-shirts, and I only wear my Chicago world tour 1993 t-shirt to bed, so I am good!
I was going to talk about Bugs, but unfortunately, I have to get ready to go get a physical at the doctors. What a waste of a perfectly good babysitter. And the doctor is too old to have daydreams about, so what's the point?
I will write more later about Bugs, Caleb's haircut and more pictures. ( The bugs are kind of creepy, so beware! )
Love and other barrels of Monkeys.
ChristinaMaria

1 comments:

Melissa Davis said...

Don't you hate when you spend time writing something and the computer eats it?! how very annoying!

And ugh, I know how you feel about the way I look on a daily basis. Grab the clothes that are clean and throw my hair in a pony tail! It's too much work to "get ready" all the time...even though I do agree it makes me feel better when I do.

Well, off to the store! keep 'em coming!